Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Now That's a Cheap Run

I know I know. These stories are suppose to be about my insane trip in and out of singledom. But, I can only do soo much to fill this blog up with content. Besides, this story is just too good not to tell.

A friend of mine was visiting from out of town. My friend, my home girl, and I hit up this bar the night she got in. There were a bunch of us there and we were all maxin and relaxin.

Then I notice that there are these seven guys standin behind me. I'm looking around trying to figure out who they had beef with, but then one of them came up to my friend and told her that his friend was feelin my home girl.

I took a step back, I figure she can handle herself. After a couple of minutes, the seven guys walk towards the back of the bar. My home girl came up to her and she says " Do you know who that is?"

We're both looking at each other with this dumbfounded look. She says, thats Rev Run's kid. You know from Run's House.

I hate reality TV. Obviously, I didn't know who he was and my home girl didn't know either.

Apparently, Jojo (Rev Run's son) told his friend to tell my friend that she and my home girl should come to the back of the bar and hang out with them.

So, my friend and my home girl went over there to hang out. Me and the other guys told them that they better come back with a couple of bottles. I figure he gonna try and act all big baller.

They come back with no bottle. I'm more than disappointed. Their conversation was the pinnacle of how to not kick it to a cool chick.

First off, Jojo was on his phone most of the time and here are some of the excerpts of their conversation.

My Home Girl : So where do you guys live?

Jojo : Jersey

My Home Girl : ewww why do you live there?"

Jojo : we gonna get a place in the city...but we got a big place in jersey


Don't you mean, my DADDY is gonna get me a spot in the city, but my DADDY has a big place in jersey.

Jojo : So how old are you girls?

My Friend : 24 and 25


Turns to his boy
Jojo : Yo they're both older than us.

Yeah these guys were as smooth as sandpaper.

Jojo : We're gonna go to pacha and chill in the VIP. We do VIP all the time.

Rule of thumb. If you make a big deal of pointing out you go somewhere, you're definitely not cool enough to be there.

We chilled at the spot a little longer and my friend was thinking of scheming a drink off of Jojo. So she went to the back of the bar again.

She was chilling with them for a while and she was hinting that she wanted a drink and they never got her one.

After she told me the story I said I guess his allowance ran out, what a cheap bastard. You keep frontin like you a baller with your "i'm gettin a spot in the city" and your "we roll VIP everywhere we go" and you can't even buy a chick you think is fly a drink.

Damn thats A Cheap Run.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you should have given names in this story coz it confused the shit out of me heheheh

but you're right, cheap run indeed