Monday, June 2, 2008

The Fantastic 4

Me and my boy roll up to this party. A pretty happening shindig. Free food, free wine, and live music. Side note - My boy is one of the best wing men out there.

Anyways, we're at the spot no more than 5 mins and my boy recognizes this chick, who has a friend. He goes in makes a little small talk and bam! We're in there, like swim wear. Definitely cool chicks but we wanted mingle.

After a while we started moving around the party and ran into a bunch of our friends. I spot this girl standing all by her lonesome. My boy sees me checkin her out and says, naw man, you can't go up to a beautiful chick when she is by herself. He didn't even finish giving me a reason and I had already started walkin over to her.

All you gotta do is tell me I can't do something and I WILL make it happen.

So I go up to her and say "Hi. I need to prove a point to my friend. My boy over there thinks that a guy can't just go up to a pretty girl standing by herself. I think you can. So, just laugh like I said something funny. She laughs. Thanks so much. You're awesome."

As I finish saying it, she takes a glance at my boys and they're all laughing and she blushes. I walk back to my friends and they tell me to go back and talk to her. I was playing it cool and just let her be. My friends walk to the front and I went up to the chick and made a little small talk and got the digits.

That's 1.

We go back upstairs and find the first 2 girls we met earlier, with 2 more girls with them. We end up going to a pizza parlor close by. One of the chicks decides to head home and is trying to hail down a cab. I run over and flag one down for her. Before she gets in I grab her digits.

That's 2.

I get back to her 3 remaining friends and my boy is trying to kick it to one of them. So I gotta run interference with the other 2 chicks. I was getting bored very quickly so when one of the girls asked me my name, I said my name was Paul. She says "No way! My name is Paula!" (Not the name I used and not her real name, but you get the idea.) I thought to myself man this is just too easy.

We end up leaving the pizza place and find our way to another bar. We're there hanging out with them and we make friends with the table of 4 girls next to us. The first group of girls leave and Paula grabs my phone and puts her number in it.

That's 3.

So me and my boy are hanging out with the girls from the table next to us. I'm just sitting in the middle of these 2 girls and we're chillin and I come to find out that one of them is only in town for the weekend. I figure maybe she wants to have some fun with some happy go lucky guys on her vacation. So I got her digits.

That's 4.

Ok. So maybe I questioned my closing skills a little prematurely. All I needed was to get out there and make it happen. Just like I always do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait, is it a close with just the digits, or does that count as middle relief until Rivera comes in from the Pen and ends the game?