Friday, May 2, 2008

We Came for a Reason

I made plans to meet up with this girl who was a friend of a friend. We had seen each other at a couple of parties and we would have a little conversation here and there. I thought she was pretty fly. So, I invited her out for some drinks.

We met up just the two of us at this lounge. When we walked in, I asked her if she wanted to sit at the bar or in the booths. I was trying to figure out where her head was at. She wanted to sit at the booths. I was thinking alright. This girl wants to get close and cozy.

We had a couple of drinks. The conversation was flowing and the alcohol was flowing. It started turning into a drunken haze. I would be all into the convo and step back and notice she was sitting right next to me. Get back into the convo. A few minutes later, step back, and I had my arm around her. Then, her leg was on top of mine. Then, we were talking mad close. We were getting closer and closer.



Realizing what was happening, she pulled back. She said a bunch of reasons why we can't let this happen tonight.

I told her, look you know we came here for a reason and we're definitely vibin each other. Lets just chill and let whatever happens happen.

We ended up staying at the bar for a little while longer and she ended up coming home with me. We trained it back to my place. Her stop came up and I said if you really don't want this to go down tonight you could just get off here. She said naw. I want to go home with you. Damn, I guess all I needed to do was say the right thing.

I told this to my boy Rain, and he couldn't believe that I had the balls to say what was exactly on my mind. Not only that but that she actually went home with me knowing that. Sometimes all it takes is saying the right thing.


(By the way, this is THE story that snowballed into this section being on this blog.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, The Chronicles finally gets a "W" in the their column. Nice man. I start out my writing morning with this story, so Saturday should be full of hope and dream chasing all around.

There's a devil behind that smile and laugh.

Keep the Chronicles flowing.