Monday, March 17, 2008

Here's to Awesome Weekends.

I was chillin in jersey this weekend and I got a call from my aunt. She asked me if I was ok. I said of course. Why wouldn't I be. She told me a crane's cable broke while holding up a piece of steel and carved a hole into a building around my apt.


At first I thought, Damn. I hope it wasn't my apt building. But then I had the thought that it could be. I dismissed it. I headed back into the city. As soon as I got out of the subway I saw a barricade blocking 52nd St from 3rd Ave.  I got a chill up my spine. 51st blocked off, 50th blocked off, 49th blocked off.


I finally got to my street and it was the first non-barricaded st. I exhaled a sigh of relief. I walked onto 2nd Ave and saw the craziness. 


Now granted my building didn't get hit, but all the debris and the crane hit right around my favorite diner, my favorite mexican spot, and a couple of restaurants that are in my rotation. I could have easily been home this past weekend and I easily could have been out grabbing some food in that area.


Its crazy how random acts can cause a chain reaction that ripples through time. If I didn't have such an awesome weekend in jersey who knows what could have happened. Thank God for awesome weekends.







No comments: